Wednesday 11 February 2009

Tuesday afternoon

Yesterday was an interesting day. A couple of girls from school had asked me if I wanted to help arrange an event at the student union. At first I hesitated, but then they mentioned that the union would give us pizza and cider or beer. This along with a price reduction for an upcoming event made me change my mind. I am now part of the entertainment group for the Gentlemen's Dinner '09.

My two friends had initially intended to attend a yoga pass at the gym after the meeting, but after two ciders they had changed their mind. Instead we went to Willy's and bought a bottle of sprite and a few power drinks. Can you see where this is headed?

Then we went to one of them, who conveniently enough lives right next doors to me, and started a spontaneous Tuesday evening party. There were four of us, and eventually they managed to bully and nag a guy to join in. Right about then someone (can't remember who) got the brilliant idea that this would be an excellent idea to utilize the sauna. So we grabbed a few beers and sat ourselves in one of the two saunas we have in the building. After about an hour we decided to really go full out and take a dive in the snow outside. I imagine the internationals who were watching a movie in the common area were a bit surprised when four girls and a boy in swimwear came running down the stairs and out in the snow, screaming in a suitably girly we-are-drunk-and-the-snow-is-freezing way...

At about 2:30 we packed up and went back upstairs. All in all it was a successful party. And for once I got up in time today (9:40) and spent about four hours looking for and applying to jobs for the summer. Now I am far too tired to study, and I am out of Bones episodes to watch. I wonder what I'm gonna do...

1 comment:

Sara said...

Haha sounds like you're having fun ;D