Tuesday 4 May 2010

View

Sitting here in the living room I can look out the window at all the people passing by. Many of them are walking their dogs. There are also many cats. The day before yesterday I saw a guy on jumping stilts. That was cool.

Yesterday I saw a guy in a red T-shirt digging in the lawn, near some small trees. I didn't think much of it at the time, figuring he was planting something. Today, however, there are a bunch of people digging in the lawn. I don't know what they are up to. From here it looks like they are digging trenches, preparing for warfare against one of the apartment houses. Who are they? Why are they digging? What are they digging?

I simply do not know.

11 comments:

Riklurt said...

I just noticed you renamed your blog Something Blue. Are you getting married?

Riklurt said...

Cause, y'know, that'd be pretty surprising.

Kat said...

It would, wouldn't it?

Kat said...

Most of all me

Kat said...

Mystery is solved. They are apparently making food allotments. Good luck keeping those potatoes to yourselves :P

Alex said...

Announcing soon-to-be profession as a potatoe-ninja on blogger, thats not very sneaky!

D said...

Inexplicably, I find this quite deep and meaningful. Not sure why. Perhaps it's something people need to do more: Pause; remove yourself; don't reflect; watch.

Kat said...

They really are taking the whole thing very seriously. Today they brought 2 horses to plow the lawn...

Kat said...

Most of the time we are all too busy with our own world, thinking about this or that, to notice what goes on around us. It's sad, I think we're missing out a lot.

Nallenon said...

"Today they brought 2 horses to plow the lawn".
I love that sentence. It sounds so stupid.

Kat said...

Non the less it's true