Sunday 18 December 2011

Holiday Special - How to keep yourself entertained in the company of your family for 2 weeks

Starting out by watching Bad Teacher yesterday might have been a fatal error on my behalf. As I started looking through my hoard of movies to see I suddenly realize they're all very dark and depressing. All of them excellent views (I hope, at least that's why I brought these specific ones) but nothing that is just lightweight and fun.

Other than that my holiday at home took a dark turn right away, with one man being beaten to death in the middle of the street and another one shot in the chest 12 hours later. Suddenly my quiet little home town is on par with the big bad city of Uppsala in crime rate.

I have also concluded once and for all that my computer is indeed not capable of running WoW. Or well, if I set all the graphics settings to minimum and make sure to avoid major cities I can chat with my guild. Always something I guess.

Now, if you excuse me I'm going to watch a movie about a man who died in a violent car crash.

5 comments:

Yeonni said...

I started out with my brother having a LAN in the space I usually sleep, so to the benefit of all our home cat had to spend two days in the bathroom while my cat got to crawl around with a suspicious gleam in its eyes expecting an enemy around every corner, and I had to sleep in my brother's horribly soft bed. This does of course not reach the improbable heights of two very violent crimes in the vicinity. Does kind of set the mood for Christmas, that.

I can also, to the actual benefit of all, tell you to never watch the Wedding Planner. Even lightweight and brainless has its limits.

Riklurt said...

Hey, that was on TV the other day! I kind of semi-saw it, it had that one guy who always plays the same role but whose name I can never remember in it.

I... didn't really follow the plot though.

Kat said...

Matthew Mcannotspellit

Sara said...

It is impressive how they can make two people fall in love with one another at first sight without giving either a personality...

Nallenon said...

Kind of like Twilight.