Monday 3 November 2008

Lucid dreams

Wow, who knew sleeping could be so... exhausting! Woke up yesterday with a major cold, it sucks. Spent the entire day doing nothing and playing WiC - and boy was that a mistake! Went to bed early - I mean 9 pm early - but couldn't sleep. First, I lay there in my PJs under two covers, shivering like a sheep in the presence of the Overlord. I was so could I could not believe it. After about two hours I got a text message and snapped out of some kind of trance-like state only to realize that I was being cooked alive under those covers. Then I couldn't sleep at all for a while before I started slipping in and out of consciousness every hour or so. My dreams weren't very coherent, but I think I was commanding an army. Sending tanks here, ordering artillery fire there. I distinctly remember deploying smoke-screens... At about 3 am I had to go to the bathroom. Then I got the shivers again for an hour or so. Last time I looked at my clock was one hour before the alarm went off. When it was finally time to get up I decided that it was probably for the best to stay home today. I went back to bed and the minute I got under that cover I started sweating like a pig! So I switched to a thinner cover and actually managed to sleep for a few hours, although a few units passed through my dreams - along with the usual weirdness of my half-wake dreams.

2 comments:

Yeonni said...

Having colds suck. Get better soon!

Sara said...

Yes a horrible state to be in, because you can't really dp much more than sleep or lay in the bed trying to sleep. It sucks! Hope you get your health back soon.