Wednesday 2 December 2009

Chapter 2

We leave our heroes for a while, and move to an apartment in another part of the city. Two friends are sitting at a table looking at a map. In the hallway there are two full backpacks. One is slightly larger than the other (Ok, one is huge and the other one is normal sized.)

“Why does it have to be so damn far away!” Said the shorter of them; Drew.

“Wasn’t that one of the reasons you moved here in the first place?” Kenzie asked.

“Well yes, but…”

“Anyway, we’ll just steal a car and drive to my parents’ house.”

“I thought we were going to MY house…. Wait what!”

“We are, but my hometown is on the way there, and my dad has weapons.”

“… I’ll just leave that for later. You’re going to steal a car!? And then what, jumpstart it?”

“I found this key last week, just before the curfew started.” Kenzie said and pulled a car key from her pocket.

“And you know what car it is for?”

“Well, not exactly. But it’s a VW, and from the design of the key I know that it is no more than 7 years old. It’s the same as my parents’ car key.”

“Ok, I guess that narrows it down a bit, but still not very good odds.”

“There are about 100.000 cars in this city, but only 18.000 of them are VW. I found the key just outside, so the car is most probably parked somewhere within 500 meters, so I have a 10% chance of finding it within 15 minutes.” Kenzie said with an excited smile.

“Right.”

“So I’ll go out and look, and I should find it within 2,5 hours.” She started to put on her clothes.

“As long as it’s not parked in a garage, of course.” Drew pointed out.

“Yeah. And there are of course at least 2 keys to every car, so the owners might have left already. But I have to at least try.” She said as she closed the door.

37 minutes and 42 seconds later the door opened again as Kenzie came back. Drew had been timing it.

“Did you find it?” she asked.

“Yes. It’s parked just outside. Let’s get something to eat and then we’ll leave.”

“Shouldn’t we wait until the morning, the sun is about so set.”

“We’ll have a much better chance of escaping the military if we go by night.”

“I guess.”

They quietly ate some bread and then they grabbed their backpacks and went downstairs. The car turned out to be a black VW golf station wagon.

“It’s nearly fully gassed up, so we’ll get all the way to your home.” Kenzie said.

“Ok. That’s good.”

Kenzie started the engine and they were off.

5 comments:

Eva said...

Ooh, great :)

Nightflyer said...

Curfew... Hm, we must have been very isolated in our apartment.

We need to get out more >_<

Kat said...

Well, it was a VERY intense period of role playing :P

Riklurt said...

"Well, it was a VERY intense period of role playing :P" -- I don't know about y'all, but my mind went straight to the gutter upon reading this.

Yeonni said...

>.< RIK!! Bad things in my head now, your fault, all of it!

Again, I love the names ^^