Sunday 4 April 2010

Var ska vi sova i natt?

Ok, here's the thing. Somehow I have ended up with the most horrible dance version (with electronic voice) of this song. That version I linked you is however (if possible) even worse. Luckily there is another one.

I find it quite good, despite the dialect. However, it turns out it exists in Danish as well. (Try to ignore the dancing girls.) There is way more than one version in Danish too. Now, I started wondering which version came first. The lyrics are the same in Danish and Swedish, but whoever wrote it I do not know. As is often the case with Swedish Wikipedia it let me down.

A clue, however, could be found on YouTube. Turns out the original is actually Italian (!) This is the absolute original version of the song. The group, as it turns out, is the most famous pop group in the Latin world. So much so, that they even recorded this song in Spanish too. What little Spanish I do know tells me that the lyrics have a SLIGHTLY different meaning in the Scandinavian versions ;P

Oh, btw, on Så ska det låta they made Måns Zelmerlöw sing it...

5 comments:

Nallenon said...

Now that I actually took time to listen to the songs (I read the post at my mother's house at night, and there were no headphones) I realize that the only version I've ever heard before is the Italian one. Which is good, because it was the least horrible.

KuffuRyu said...

Why do I get the feeling that I've also heard this song in Italian. The melody sounds very familiar. Was this song very popular at some point? Radio perhaps?

The danish girls were cool. We dance almost the same way. Maybe we have a lot in common. Maybe I should try meeting them one day. And maybe we'll end up beeing the best of friends. I don't have friends in Denmark yet. Or, at least not that I've met IRL.

KuffuRyu said...

Your post about the barbecue and singstar by the way really made me want to come visit you guys in Uptown again. I need to get drunk too.

Kat said...

And drunk we got. Well, at least I did. Anyway, the italian song might very well be familiar because it is the greatest hit ever by this popgroup that is supposedly huge in the latin world, it might have rubbed off on the rest of us.

Nallenon said...

Oh yes, drunk she was.