Wednesday 9 September 2009

Nubbesallad och Kanelbullar

Today I made some Swedish food for the roomies. I made Nubbesallad with Knäckebröd, and I also (upon request from Mareike) baked some Kanelbullar. I earned quite some cred when I did the fancy version of the buns, you know when you sort of braid them and then swirl them around (Sara, you know what I mean, right?).

The Germans liked the sallad, but not too surprisingly the Spanish girl, Alejandra, didn't like the matjesill... Oh, and the other German is called Kerstin. There is also a Kirstin, but not in our apartment. I should have introduced myselft as Kat.

Obviously they loved the buns.

4 comments:

Riklurt said...

Some people say that music is the only international language. I call bullshit on that - the only truly international language is of course FOOD.

Sara said...

Those kind of buns are the best, though I've never learnt how to make them. You seem to be having lots of fun over there *jealous*

Yeonni said...

I know what buns you mean, mom looks pr0 when she makes them :) I bet you do too.

Too bad with the name :P hard to re-introduce yourself, it is.

Kat said...

Today I met another German girl. Her name in Kristina...