Sunday 9 December 2007

She Believes in You

I was putting this bookmark in a frame as a cheesy christmas-gift to my grandmother when I got an idea. So the next day I went back to the store and bought the same bookmark again. Then I spent a few hours with a lighter and scissors (inhaling a whole lot of unhealthy fumes). Finally I scanned the whole thing and played around with GIMP and this is what I ended up with:


Now, if you could all ignore the fact that I actually spent 2 hours burning the wings off an angel I would like to point out that the idea behind the picture is that She Believes in You. Here is what it looked like from the beginning:

10 comments:

Yeonni said...

Wow... I like it, the picture, the idea, everything. When something is too deep for you to understand and still likeable, I think it has to be good. So yeah, I don't quite get it, though I think I do somewhere where my conscience doesn't reach. Cool.

Rik said...

This is certainly interesting, though I don't get the idea either, not to a hundred percent.

How'd you do the background?

Kristin said...

Well, the background used to pe a red paper with thready things in it and then i used the magic wand to erase large parts of it to black and after a while there were only the threads left :D

Sara said...

The picture was really cool. I must however admit that I don't get the idea at all. I feel so daft ^_^' hehe

Kristin said...

Uhm, right. You all seem to think that the idea is exceptionally deep, which is interesting. But it's really not. The angel in the picture has been at earth to help people and in the process she has been badly injured and now she is returning to heaven where she is praised and celebrated. The people, most of the time, doesn't even believe that she exists but she doesn't care. She believes in the goodness of mankind and cares so much about people that she is willing to risk everything even though she knows that they don't appreciate it. Hence the name of it: She Believes in You. Are you with me?

Kristin said...

Oh, and the thing with the wings being burned so that they can't be used any more is obviously symbolic...

Sara said...

I think that was deep enough ^^

Sara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sara said...

Sorry jag råkade posta den två gånger.

Yeonni said...

I figured something like that, but I wasn't sure, and I also instinctively look for other meanings than "light is good" meanings so I let it hang unsaid.

Needn't be deeper than that to be deep.