Wednesday 28 November 2007

Because it's Christmas

The darkness is spreading across the sky. Soon it will be December, the month of Christmas. I feel a strange mixture of excitement and sorrow. I’m excited because I will soon be with my entire family again. But somehow the sorrow is deeper. It stems from a dream that is incompatible with a reality that is rooted in the traditions of my family since ages. My dream is to spend Christmas with you, my friends, who I love and care for just as much as my family, sometimes even more. But I know that the greatest betrayal towards my family would be to choose someone else over them on this particular holiday. Therefore I mourn the always living and always unreachable dream, and I will do so forever. And I will feel a stinging guilt on Christmas Eve, when my heart secretly betrays my family. But it will never show… Never.

8 comments:

Nightflyer said...

We still have new years, right? Christmas is a family holliday. It would be wrong to be selfish about that. But we all have phones!

Yeonni said...

I agree with you; Christmas is nice but it could be glorious with you guys. But I guess we have to return to our (in most cases) biological homes once in a while. New Years will mend all evil.

Phones suck even more than blogs and MSN, actually... because they require sound. I don't like making noise unless I'm somewhere noisy.

Nallenon said...

Somehow, I sense you'll all hate me for not spending new-years with you, OR I'll just miss out on everything. Curses.

Eva said...

Yeah, though I havn't spent xmas with my family for ages ^^

Rik said...

It would be interesting to spend christmas together no doubt. Cooking food, sharing presents, taking in the spirit of the season... chillin'.

We need a big room, a time-freezer, a teleport device, and a lot of pillows.

Nod.

Nallenon said...

Well, you're the intelligent one, Ricky, go make it happen ;)

Kristin said...

What are you waiting for :P the teleport device has been requested freequently for quite a while now

Yeonni said...

*Nod*