Friday 23 November 2007

Inferiority

Today my confidence got itself a really nice boost. In my seminar-group there are three boys (that makes them sound so small but I'm not sure if I can classify them as men) that are "the smart ones". You know when Rikard and Adam had a discussion - kind of like that. But one of them has a really silly view on the world, so he doesn't count. Anyway, one of them asked me if I wanted to write the PM together with him. It made me feel really great! *ego boost* And from what I can tell he isn't the type to choose someone on the criteria of how easy it is to make them do as he says. :) Seriously, on IB people were smart, but in varying ways. On Pol. Kand. everybody has at least 18.00 in average grades from high school, and they went to Sam, so they kind of know what they're talking about. I feel so uneducated when I come waving with my History HL, and nothing else. I should have taken economy instead of chemistry. Anyway, good PM partner = good for me. Oh, and do I need to mention that I panic-studied all night, again.

5 comments:

Eva said...

Just because you took Sam doesn't mean you really know anything. Ask whomever you want in my former class, and 'bout 80% will be more stupid than you are. But on the other hand.. it was like 2-3 that actually got 18.0+ :)

Sara said...

Way to go Kristin. Well, you are smart so you deserve it. Make us proud as ours representative over there :P. Go IB!!

Yeonni said...

Confidence-boosts are so nice! *referrs to own today-post*

It's so hard to know whether to call people our age boys or men. There's no good word for them. We can't exactly go around calling them "young man", I would die if someone refered to me as "young woman". I still freak when someone calls me a woman, especially if in swedish and normal conversation.

Yeonni said...

(Sidenote, writing from the other side of the grave: the one thing I found scary in Vampire was the painting on the wall opposite the entrance of the crazy malkavian's place (the house with girls with knives standing around and pullable candles everywhere) it was seriously nausea and nightmare-enducing, this from one who plays both RE4 and FEAR.)

Kristin said...

hmm, I must have been slightly shut off... Oh, the hospital in downtown was a bit creapy