Tuesday 6 November 2007

Isolation

God, I hate eating alone! Even when it comes to breakfast I definently prefer eating it with friends, wich is strange considering I have terribly bad temper in the morning. Or maybe it isn't so strange at all, I even make sure I wake up completely before I eat by taking a shower. Every time that I have prepared, or cooked, a meal and sit down to eat in front of my TV or in best case at the computer while talking to someone on msn, I feel so utterly alone. It reminds me that there is no person in the world that I share my life with, only bits and pieces, and most of the time people are to busy to share theirs with me. Looking back I realize that the times when I've felt the most happy and contempt with life has been when I've been able to eat with friends: the cooking course in the autumn of second year at high school (every thursday, wonderful food, lovely people), the weekends at Rikard's house last spring, even christmas and midsummer.

When I think of my happy future, hoping that it's not too far away, I picture myself and a mystical person at a dinner-table. I don't know what we would be eating, though, probably something with garlic. When it comes to my interest in food, cooking and baking I really think that I do it because I know that it is the best way to attract people, at least my people. Right now there is nothing in the world I want more than to sit down and drink chocolate and eat waffles with my best friends in the world.

Ps. I bet you can name them! Ds.

7 comments:

Nightflyer said...

This is what I miss. If everything would have been like before, in Karlstad, I would have rushed over with dose waffles within seconds.

You're too far away! I miss the fact that, before, I could meet any of you within 30 minutes. Now it'll take at least 6 hours to get there. And planning is essential... Pleas tell me when you have an open weekend and I'll come and eat breakfast with you.

Yeonni said...

What she said.

Yeonni said...

Once everyone had finished education, we should find a place everyone likes and buy a big, happy house and live there together. Honestly. I keep thinking about that. It would be the best.

Kristin said...

You must have tapped my and sara's minds! We have come up with serious plans to buy/build a mansion in Gibraltar... All we need is a bit of money.

Eva said...

No need to! come on, We'll have a politician, a designer, an artist, a general genious, a lawyer and a religious professor, how can it go wrong?

(I know the feeling, about lonelyness though, see why I went to you guys each and every weekend I could afford?)

Riklurt said...

I'm all for a mansion in Gibraltar! Actually, I have this plan to become Bruce Willis in Armageddon and blow up asteroids, and I can do that from any place on Earth!

It's waffle time!

(also, too bad about missing dinner with you today. really sucked. we ate at Uplands instead.

they only had sausage.)

Sara said...

Naaw Kristin I know how you feel. That house in Gibraltar sounds really tempting...But seriously I'm totally with Da-Ryun on this finding-a-place-idea. It would be soo nice. As an extra comment I can say that I am the opposite to Kristin when it comes to eating. But then again I have a serious problem with anything mouth-related. I miss the rest though!